If you own land in San Antonio TX, and you’re wondering “how to sell my land myself in San Antonio TX“, you have a couple of choices. In this blog post you’ll read about what your choices are, and how to know which choice is best for you.
Here’s The Most Common Way To Sell…
The most common choice that land sellers have is to sell through a real estate agent. Agents will list your property and find buyers for it, and then negotiate on your behalf and help you with the paperwork.
The pros of selling with an agent
- They can help you find the features that set your land apart when listing your property.
- Realtors should know their local market inside and out.
- They’ll have all the paperwork in order and take the stress and hassle away.
Problem is, many property owners discover that there aren’t a lot of land buyers, and few real estate agents are truly “experts” in buying and selling land. As well, if an agent is able to find a buyer, you will have to pay commissions to the agent, which can get quite expensive.
Another big con is that whenever you agree to work with an agent, you are signing a contract. You’ll be contractually obligated to work with the agent for a fixed amount of time and agree to pay the agent a fixed commission.
Another choice is for sellers to sell land themselves. You do the same work as the agent and are able to save the commission that you’d have to pay the agent, ultimately pocketing a little more cash than if you sold the traditional way.
If you choose to go with this option, here are 4 steps that would help you:
- You can also place a For Sale Sign and take good photos.
- Next step would be to put the property on the Internet.
- Another option is to Sign a Vacant Land Purchase Agreement
- Lastly, you should hire a Title Company or Real Estate Attorney.
But many of the same problems exist here, too: Land sellers who choose to sell their land themselves soon find that there really aren’t a lot of vacant land buyers out there. The average person just doesn’t buy vacant land.
Other cons would be the limited exposure, Realtors have connections that help to improve the exposure. You can do a lot, but probably would be missing some market. Another important point is the legal risk, each state has different rules on the required disclosure of certain aspects of home maintenance or repair issues. If you don’t do all the paperwork correctly, you could be putting yourself in real danger of a lawsuit.
Fortunately, there is a solution and it’s one that we at Hank Buys Houses can help with so click here now to get in touch with us if you’d like to learn “how to sell my land myself in San Antonio TX.”
Here’s Another Option You Might Not Know About…
Here’s the third option – and the option that most people aren’t even aware of. Instead of listing your property (either through an agent or on your own) you can simply sell your property directly to a land-buying company (like what we do here at Hank Buys Houses). Selling this way allows you to quickly dispose of your land, put money in your pocket, and still avoid paying commissions that you’d normally have to pay to an agent.
Sellers view this third option as a superior strategy because of the following reasons:
- It’s faster – a land buying company that buys land directly from a seller can know right away if the land is right for them, and a good land company can usually get the funding right away. There’s no listing and there’s no showing the land to many prospective buyers.
- It costs less – an agent will charge commissions but most land buying companies won’t charge anything. (Remember the average realtor commission in Texas is 5.59%)
- It’s far less work – listing your property can be a lot of work, even if an agent does it. But selling your vacant land directly to a land-buying company can give you a rapid close so you can walk away from the land when you want to.
Looking how to sell my land myself in San Antonio TX? Look no further than a land buying company. Although few sellers are even aware that this option exists, they’re pleasantly surprised at how quick and easy it is to sell their land when they learn about it.